rotating header

Sunday, February 21, 2010

overload and emptying

It is not just our truck that is sagging with good things:  our lives are full, too.  I've learned that I"m high-extrovert AND high-introvert.  Which means that the flood of interesting people, relationship, fact, and input from the conference and travel is great.  But that the lack of any sort of down time is wearing.  Good stuff, but so much of it at once!  

Here is a paragraph from Bethany's meditation on Lent (connect to the entire poetic and wise post from the side bar):
All I am trying to say is that you hear quiet things more clearly when some of the loudness is removed. This lenten season allows us to step away from some of life's noisiness to create space for the quiet thunder of our Creator. In that way, the giving up actually creates space to receive something you didn't even know you were missing.

Amen.  I know I'm thirsty, but riding the crazy rapids of the last couple of weeks, I haven't stopped to realize how. Or for what.  So praying for a little Lenten quiet, a season of hunger and thirst, a pre-feasting focus on that which we truly desire.

No comments: